Saturday, February 26, 2011

Let's Face It...

I desperately need to update this...It's only been two and a half months. I'll start with Christmas...

We had an amazing Christmas with my family this year. So much fun and laughter. Braden and I spent a lot of time with Dane and Louise which was super fun. It was a very different Christmas for our family. It was the first year that all the kids had significant others to enjoy Christmas with as well as the significant other who would be around for Christmas in years to come. It was really neat to see us bond differently then we have in the past.

For Christmas this year Braden and I got a Kinect for the XBox which we love!!! (as do Dane and Louise =P ). I must say I have the greatest mother ever. She tried to fool me by saying she was buying us snow tires for my car...tricky tricky! My Aunt and Uncle in Illinois also had a brilliant idea. Instead of attempting to buy us something in hopes we would like it, my Aunt and Uncle sent us purple sweaters (since its my mom's favorite color). We were to take a picture as a family with the purple sweaters, and then we could either keep the sweater, or return it. It definitely caused a chuckle.

The nice part about mine and Braden's job is that busy season is at the same time. He's full swing into ski season and I'm full swing into tax season (I'm actually hoping I will finish writing this post before I have to go to work on this lovely Saturday). For me the overtime is a nice added bonus to our bank account and Braden gets his fill of skiing. Last week he did take me skiing and I must say it was my favorite time so far. I can see why he enjoys it.

Next week I'm off to California for a week for one of my dear bridesmaid's wedding. I'm very excited since I could desperately use a break from tax season and I miss the warm weather that California offers. Only bad part...Braden isn't coming with me. He has to work. =( It will be our first time apart since we got married.

Another fun part of this year is that my niece has had basketball tournaments done here regularly so we've gotten to see Shalise, Kent, Bryn, Kinzlee, and the occasional appearance from Tayler and Brooke. Since we haven't been able to make it up to Idaho since Braden has to work every weekend, its been nice that they've come to us (even though its not specifically to visit us). It's been super fun watching Bryn's basketball games as well.

So Costco started offering one of the most delicious things imaginable. Belgian Waffles. And they are not quite like the ones you can get in Belgium, they are definitely an acceptable substitute. We are on our third box. Yummmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy!

So after getting married, I have gained even more of an appreciation for my parents. They still do so much for us! The latest is helping us with Braden's student loan. No, they didn't pay for any of it, but they did offer to co-sign a new loan for Braden with a much lower interest rate. We plan on paying off his previous student loan with the new student loan. It will most definitely save us a couple thousand dollars. They really do too much for us.

No other excitement lately. Just trying to survive our busy seasons...Afterwards I think a nice weekend vacation to Las Vegas is in order. Braden still hasn't met my Grandma...

No comments:

Post a Comment