Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lots to Share!

I've hit the 7th mark month again for not posting (see title of previous post). Things have been crazy as usual and are just getting crazier. Exciting events over the past 7 months.

1. I got accepted into the U's Masters of Accounting program!

2. Braden went through recruiting and got two second round interviews with Deloitte and PriceWaterhouseCoopers in Dallas.

3. We went to Dallas for Braden's interviews and got to see my Uncle Mike, Aunt Kathy and cousins Lori and Jenny! Lori graciously allowed us to stay at her house for part of our trip and we loved playing with her 3 year old Haley.

4. Braden got offers from both Deloitte and PwC in Dallas for an 8-10 week internship starting January 2013!

5. Braden accepted the offer with Deloitte for their internship. It will likely turn into a full time position for him after he graduates with his Masters degree.

6. I started school. Summer semester, pretty easy. Fall semester, terrifying.

 7. Braden is on his 7th straight semester of school. Poor guy. He's feeling quite burnt out. He will get a chool break next semester though for his internship.

8. My mom, my dad, Scott and Kayla came up to Utah to go white water rafting with us on the Snake River in Wyoming. Braden's mom and dad, two nieces, and brother-in-law came down from Idaho for the trip. It was so much fun. We went rafting two days, went to J Bar Wranglers (show was good, food not so much unless you ordered steak. My family then came down to Utah to visit for a bit where we went to Texas Roadhouse, Tucano's, and Snowbird. It was a great trip. :)

9. Braden and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary as well as both of our 24th birthdays (all within less than a month of each other)!

10. Braden and I got released as primary teachers after a year and a half. I cried the day we got released from our callings. Braden is now the ward music chairman and I'm a relief society teacher.

11. Braden was voted in as one of two Vice President's over Activities for BAP (an accounting club nation wide) for the University of Utah chapter. He gets to work with the recruiters which certainly helped him secure his internship and looks awesome on his resume.

As you can see we have been very busy! The Lord has truly blessed us in all our endeavors. I am so lucky to have Braden in my life. He is an incredible husband and I love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment