Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to School, Back to School...

Braden started school last week. And like most students, by day 2 his class schedule has totally changed. He's excited for some things and not so excited for others. But I know he'll do great!

We sort of, kind of finished unpacking this weekend. The office is now a lot less cluttered, cardboard boxes are in the trash, and you can actually see the "desk" (aka an extra dining room table). I still need to put up decorations, but it looks loads better than it did. I didn't realize how hard it would be to keep a two bedroom apartment clean.

So I came down with some horrible virus last week. Sore throat, nausea (IM NOT PREGNANT), fluctuating fever, and hives which then turned it to more cold-like symptoms such as a hacking cough, stuffy nose and sneezing. It was weird and kept me out of work for a day and a half. Evil!

So I thought it would be a good idea that while Braden is studying, I have something school-related to study too...to make me more sympathetic towards how awful homework is. So I bought a GMAT prep book. I've been working on their diagnostic tests which basically just shows you where you would score right now. I'm average, at least when it comes to math. I hardly remember any geometry and I don't like their sufficient data section at all. This test is going to be harder than I thought. But hopefully worth it! Hopefully grad school next year...if not, the year after.


Other than the above, not much excitement in the Turner home. We are very proud of ourselves though of finding ways to reduce our bills. Instead of purchasing tv for 25-40 bucks a month, we purchased netflix for 10. We're almost done with season 3 of SVU which was pretty much the only show we ever watched on tv anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment