Sunday, August 1, 2010

So a lot has happened since our lovely wedding day on June 18, 2010. To keep everyone updated on what is going on in our crazy lives we decided to start this blog since everyone else seems to have one.

So a month and a half later we can proudly say:

1. We've both been to Maui and were actually old enough to appreciate how lucky we are to be able to go to such a beautiful place.

2. I moved into Braden's old apartment just to move out a month later into our fabulous new apartment a week ago. I absolutely love it! It's so cute. Still not quite organized.

3. I'm finishing college this week! I take my last final on Tuesday and hope that my grade gets into the system in time to graduate this month. I should make it.

4. Our new apartment is within walking distance to a HUGE park, the murray rec center, the police station, the place where we had our first date (blind), subway, the hospital, and our church building.

5. Our new apartment is a five minute drive or less to Wal-Mart, Costco, 24 hour fitness (I get to go back to the gym!), del taco, wendy's, and I'm sure some other places we have yet to discover.

6. We have a new appreciation for air conditioning since our old apartment did not have any and was on the top floor. We so believe that the people below had their oven on 24/7. Our new apartment doesn't have any either, but its on the bottom floor, partly below the ground and is MUCH cooler.

7. We're becoming domestic! We made an amazing chocolate-raspberry cheesecake yesterday.

8. We traveled to Idaho for our 2nd wedding reception that went wonderfully much thanks to Braden's parents. I must say I quite like Idaho. It's very different from Orange County.

9. I acquired a curling iron from Braden's sister, Shalise that actually keeps my hair curled ALL DAY LONG! I'm pretty sure that's a miracle. I always though curling my hair was a hopeless cause. Although Braden did make fun of me today that I had the curling iron out and the straightener. He thought it was counterproductive. The straightener was just to smooth the frizz on top of my head. But I can't expect any man to know those things.

10. We're still married! Just in case any of you doubted it. =)

Life is wonderful. Braden's job is wonderful. I hope to find a job's that wonderful. We've truly been blessed. Hopefully I can remember to write on this more regularly than my previous blog. =)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brit & Braden! Sorry again that I missed the wedding. Growing up and having responsibilities is difficult! But so much fun! (As I'm sure you're both learning!) Glad everything is going so well for the 2 of you.

    Good luck with your final tomorrow cousin! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully!

    Being domestic can be so fun! I can't wait til I move out of my Aunt's so that I can live on my own and be domestic again!

    And no, Brit, a man will never understand the need for both a straightener and a curling iron being used at the same time! ;)

    Love you both (even though we've never met, Braden!) and can't wait to see you (and meet you) soon hopefully!

    xoxo-Adrie

    ReplyDelete